by Jason Erik Lundberg
This issue of LONTAR presents speculative writing from and about Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, Laos, the Philippines, Indonesia and Korea.
Inside these pages, you’ll find:
• a remembrance of ghostbusters disguised as lion dancers by Zen Cho;
• an expedition to hunt a supernatural tiger in colonial Singapore by Manish Melwani;
• the subversive power of jazz in a future North Vietnam by TR Napper;
• a cautionary tale of writing one’s perfect lover into existence by Vida Cruz;
• the relationship between death and a mysterious delivery truck by James Penha;
• a fateful meeting of the last two Eurasians in Singapore by Melissa De Silva;
• a critical appreciation of the novels of Eka Kurniawan by Tiffany Tsao;
• a comic on schoolyard bullying and redemption by Elvin Ching;
• and speculative poetry by Bryan Thao Worra, Zeny May Recidoro, Brandon Marlon, Subashini Navaratnam, Russ Hoe, Christina Sng, Desmond Kon Zhicheng-Mingdé, and Cyril Wong.
Paperback: 132 Pages
Product Dimensions: 165 x 215 mm
Published by Epigram Books